Sabrina becomes a race car driver, John Bosley a preacher and Jill his daughter to learn why a pretty woman driver lost control of her car and died in a flaming wreck. With Kelly working other angles, they discover a conspiracy that extends far beyond the track.
Client: Jerry Adams
Assignment: Investigate the death of Suzy Lemson.
Romantic Entanglements: none
Outcome: They discovered that the car Lemson was driving had been sabotaged. They also foiled a jewel heist.
Sabrina drove in a race, and after a criminal. The team took down the crooks at the end with the help of the local police.
- Guest star: Jenny O'Hara
- Charlie has changed offices since the pilot film, and the new office will be featured for the rest of the series.
- A major change to the cast since the pilot film sees the elimination of David Ogden Stiers' character Scott Woodville, who was previously seen as the Angels' and Bosley's superior and direct connection to Charlie. His absence is never explained, and Bosley is now depicted as the Angels' connection to Charlie.
- Jill's apparent crush on Charlie is also downplayed compared to the pilot.
- It's not explained how a simple mechanic could afford to pay the (presumably) high fee demanded by Charlie (compare to the pilot where the agency is paid $250,000). This is a topic rarely touched on in the series.
- A revised opening credits sequence is introduced. Charlie's narration is given at a faster pace, a different angle is used to show Sabrina practicing on the firing range (and she doesn't smile afterwards), and the familiar series logo is introduced. The gimmick of having Charlie phone each of the Angels telling them it's time to go to work is eliminated in favor of a montage of scenes from early episodes of Season 1 for each actress. The clips used for Jaclyn Smith will remain virtually unchanged for the run of the series.
This article is a stub. Please help make the wiki better by fleshing it out!